Tuesday, October 1, 2013

C4K Summary for September

Childs Name- Dark Chocolate Delight
Summary- "This I Believe" was the title of my students post.He started by giving a quote by Bruce Lee. "I say empty your mind be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water in a cup it becomes the cup, you put water in a bottle it becomes the bottle, you put water in a tea pot it becomes a tea pot. Now water can flow or it can crash be water my friend." He then went on explaining, that this quote ment for him, no matter what continue to strive for the best and never let the negative things get to you. This student had been transferred from New York to Alabama and was having a hard time adjusting because he wasn't able to play football anymore. Although he was having a hard time he still stayed positive. Negative rumors were being passed around to the point he started to loose focus and get in trouble. When that started to happened he just looked up to his role model, Bruce Lee, and got back on track in school.

My Response- My name is Demetrius Hamner and I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. When I read your post I was brought back to memories of my high school days when I had to transfer schools. Leaving my friends was a very hard thing to do, but unfortunately I had to deal with it. I applaud your positive attitude on not being able to play football, staying positive is very important. I love your encouraging quote from Bruce Lee. Adjusting to different situations is a part of life and although you are hearing rumors never let that stop you from being the best that you can be. When you are feeling discouraged just think “What would Bruce Lee do?” Also, reading you post, I saw a few errors that I make from time to time. Example “..i don’t agree with or just do it..” Make sure to capitalize all “I”s and proof read. Overall your post was great!

Childs Name- Scarlet
Summary- In this post Scarlet was asking if anyone read the "The Very Bad Book" by Andy Griffiths. Scarlet also asked how everyone would rate this book because she needed help on her book report answering one last question.

My Response- My name is Demetrius Hamner and I am in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class. I am a student at the University of South Alabama located in Mobile, Alabama. Although I haven’t read “The Very Bad Book” I have heard it was a great. Everyone I know gives the book high ratings.
A light bulb holding a sign that says summary we are almost there.
Childs Name-Maroroa
Summary- This student posted a "wanted post". Maroroa created a wanted poster for Jack (from Jack and the Bean Stalk). In his wanted posted he included a description of Jack and what he was wanted for. He also gave facts like the place Jack was last seen, that he is fast and a physical description with a picture. Maroroa set a $1,000,000 reward for the capture of Jack.

My Response- My name is Demetrius Hamner. I am a student in EMD310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. Great wanted poster. I liked how you gave facts about Jack and what he was wanted for. Nice picture of Jack.

Childs Name- Ariana
Summary- The title of my students post was "Once a Luddite, Not Always a Luddite". Ariana talked about how she was new to taking online classes. She loved to use the traditional way (paper and pencil) of learning. When it came to using technology she struggled. Ariana decided to step outside of the box and try online classes and she is loves it. She was introduced to Google docs, drop box, and more. Google docs are one of her favorites because it helps her stay connected with her group members that are in another country. Ariana is learning to be more patient and open-minded to new ways of learning.

My Response- My name is Demetrius Hamner. I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. If anyone would have asked me, back in my high school days, about online classes I would have reacted in the same way. I love technology, but when it came to learning I needed to be in an actual classroom with a teacher. Now I understand just how important technology is in the classroom. Learning how to use “unfamiliar” technology may sometimes be difficult, but it will pay off big time. I am very happy that you stepped outside of your comfort zone and took an online class. It is always good to be open-minded to learning things. Google docs are also something that was introduced to me a few weeks back and it truly is a life saver.

No comments:

Post a Comment